To get from the airport to the hotel, the organizers recommend the following two option:
- When making your hotel reservation, please provide them with your flight arrival details and arrange a pick up service with them. The fee for the hotel pick up service is roughly 25 USD.
- Use the YELLOW TAXI service from the airport to the hotel. The service is available at the aiport exit, the charge is similar to the hotel pick up service fee. Please do not use other service if you are not familiar with the local situation. The YELLOW TAXI has been confirmed as safe and reliable.
A shuttle service will be assured by organizers to transfer the participants from the hotel to the venue and back. The service will only be provided for the recommended hotel, the Comfort Gardens.
Visa Information and Vaccination
- Valid passports or other travel documents including Seamanfs Discharge Book, acceptable to the Government of Kenya are required for all persons wishing to enter Kenya.
- Passports must be valid for at least Six (6) Months.
- Passports must have a clean and a full visa page for endorsement.
- Kindly refer to the following link for more information on visa fees and visa requirements http://www.immigration.go.ke/.
- In addition, please ensure that you have a valid passport, your invitation letter, and proof of return air ticket (print out your e-ticket) in order to get your visa upon arrival.
Visa on Arrival
- A bona fide visitor may be issued with a visitorfs pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for a period not exceeding three months in the first instance provided that he is in possession of a valid passport or other travel document acceptable to the Government of Kenya, has a valid visa where required, is in possession of sufficient funds for subsistence while in Kenya and a return, or onward ticket to his country of origin, domicile or destination.
- Nationals of East African Partner States holding valid passports and other acceptable travel documents may be issued with a visitorfs pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for Six Months.
- Travelers entering Kenya by road should be advised to pass through the gazetted entry points and report immediately to an Immigration Officer.
VaccinationFor visitors to Kenya, vaccination against yellow fever is recommended but is not mandatory. However, you should carry a certificate as evidence of vaccination against yellow fever if you have recently been in an infected country, to avoid immigration problems. For a full list of countries where yellow fever is endemic visit the websites of the World Health Organization (www.who.int/wer/). Other recommended vaccinations and health concerns are summarized in the Lonely Planet Travel Guide or at the World Health Organization website (www.who.int/en/) .
Climate and Weather
Climate in Nairobi in January is generally warm, dry, sunny. The mean maximum daily temperature is 26.8 C and the mean minimum daily temperature is 13.1 C. Especially during the clear sky nights, the temperature may drop below 10 C.